Saturday, June 20, 2009

Graveyard Love

We had a guest speaker this morning to talk to us about partner abuse. Many of the clients (mostly male) asked the presenter general relationship advice even though it was a little off topic.

One of the clients (who isn't even in this class but was so interested in the topic that he decided to just sit in) raised his hand and asked, "What should I do when my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend comes to my door and tells me he has graveyard love for my girlfriend?"

Yikes!

Graveyard Love.

I guess it means that the person is willing to die for love.

Kind of sweet, yet very disturbing. I mean, borderline. Fatal attraction. That kind of love.

Is he just saying that he loves her THAT much? Is this man willing to kill him to get her back? Or maybe willing to die no matter what happens because he'd rather be dead than to not have her and see her with someone else? Not cool.

I know it hurts, but it's not worth dying for. I guess the point is to "bury" the love. If we can't be together I might as well die, that sort of thing.

Or maybe it just feels like he can't go on without the love of his life.

By all means, love hard. Go out there and find new love.

2 comments:

Byronism said...

Who the hell comes up with those phrases??? "graveyard love"??? WTF?? Maybe he likes to make love in graveyards??? I knew a girl in high school nicknamed graveyard Sally cause she 'did it' in a graveyard by my school when she was drunk once...

Hiroko said...

I guess it could mean a few different things!!!