I had a dream last night that I was a graduate student again. Only this time, I don't know what I'm studying but I was living in a dorm!! Not only that, apparently I was back at Penn State in the...I forgot what they're called. The dorms that are farthest away and are usually for Freshman.
The room looked similar to the one I lived in back when I actually did go to school there. I was in the North Halls where all the freaks lived. I don't know why that was, but it was the closest to the music and art departments and it was known to be the wackiest part of campus. I picked this dorm because they put people together depending on their interests and I picked the international floor. My roommate (original roommate never showed up but she was Chinese or Korean) was Taiwanese. My next door neighbors were Chinese and Taiwanese. The girls next to them were Indian and (I think) Irish American. The girls next to them were Puerto Rican and something else I don't remember.
I thought it was actually nice there despite the reputation. I remember my neighbors across the hall would play Cher really loud every once in a while but that was about it. There were the usual drunken incidents here and there (I found a girl sitting in front of the toilet asleep and wouldn't respond to me calling her so I had to call the manager) but I'm sure that was the case at the other dorms. I must say the food sucked, though.
Anyhoo, even though my actual roommate was from Taiwan, the roommate in my dream kind of looked like the woman that came to speak to us during the all staff meeting that afternoon about recycling and waste management. I only realized this just now as I'm typing this. There was a friend in the room with me but I have no idea who it was.
Outside the window in my real dorm room was facing...I think it was the back lawn but I don't remember for sure anymore. In the dream it was looking over the beach!...except it was hazy and industrial looking. Maybe it's because I was in San Pedro a few days ago. Funny how things come out in dreams.
In the dream I'm upset because I don't know where I'm going and wherever it was it was going to be very far (because this dorm room is the farthest as I mentioned earlier). My roommate didn't seem to be worried at all. I'm pissed and worried.
That's all I remember.
2 comments:
Alcohol is bad. No more for you!
Last night's dream was about me taking pictures while Michael Jackson was still alive and being pressured from everyone around me to sell them! It must be because I was watching the event on TV.
Post a Comment