Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meet Rocky



This is my new family member, Rocky. He's a Betta and he's been with me since last Friday. I saw my coworker with a pretty Betta on her desk and I had to get one, too.

She told me she got hers at PetCo so I rushed over there after work on Friday. It probably took me 30 minutes to pick one because I was only going to get one. I even talked to two store attendants and some random woman to see what they think. I finally ended up getting this guy, even though he's not fancy like the other ones, because I fell in love with the pretty blue fins :)

He didn't have a name for a few days. I just named him today. I tried to think of tough guy names (because they're fighting fish!) and nothing seemed to fit very well. The other choices I saw online were Rambo (Rocky, Rambo, I'm not necessarily a Stallone fan), Bruce (Lee), etc. Even though he has a tough name, he doesn't seem all that aggressive. He's still very shy around me and barely eats. My coworker says he'll get used to me and he'll start eating.

Rocky is at work now. I might get another one for home!!

3 comments:

Byronism said...

you would think fish are pets that aren't too responsibility-intensive, but you'd be surprised!! when you go away for vacation, you have to have someone feed it, you have to clean their tank, etc...

i speak from experience with 2 fish.

Hiroko said...

Yeah...Beatriz made it sound so easy but I'm starting to find out more. I'm hearing that my tank is too small if I wanted my betta to be more free and swim around, etc. It's like forcing a person to live in a closet (not gay but as in confined to small space). It's too bad I can't put more than 1 in a tank because I want more!! They're so pretty.

Hiroko said...

Oh, and I promise it won't be like the OA fish tank. I will never let the water turn green with all kinds of growth in it.