So I recently moved to my own place.
I lived at the old place for about 5 years so it was a big change. I figured it's time to move on and made the decision pretty quickly. It's been an interesting transition.
The room is still pretty empty...or I should say, things are still in boxes because I don't have enough furniture/storage space. I put the fish tank on the other side of the room by itself and I was planning on putting it on top of a shelf or dresser when I buy it. Then I started to notice that Prince O (that's his name) is acting a little weird. After about two weeks, I noticed that the fins were getting shorter, but not like fin rot like Rocky had. A few days later, it was even shorter.
I was pretty sure he was biting his tail but I wasn't sure why. I did hear that bettas get easily stressed out so I thought maybe the move was too stressful for him, but I made sure it went smoothly! He can't be lonely because they like being alone...they're worse when there are other fishies inside the tank.
So I asked around and the diagnosis is that he is BORED. He is by himself on the other side of the tank with nothing fun to look at. He swims around checking out the plants and the gravel, and swimming in and out of the containers inside but he doesn't get to watch ME. I didn't realize I was so entertaining.
I moved the tank next to my desk again and observed. He's doing much better and the fin is growing back. I sometimes notice him staring at me. What a weirdo!!!! I shall go look for more plants/toys to put in the tank...
So I'm putting off getting furniture till things are a little more settled (I'm too busy right now) but one thing I needed fairly quickly is the microwave. I went to Target and Best Buy several times but I didn't find what I liked, so I ordered one online. It finally arrived a couple of weeks ago and I plugged it in to heat up some steam buns I had bought at the Asian market.
I didn't notice anything wrong on the outside (no visible damage) but I had this strange feeling that something might be wrong with it. Somehow, its frame didn't seem to fit right. But how am I supposed to know if it's broken? I'm no microwave expert. and let me make the point that I didn't do anything unusual or wrong. I did not use aluminum foil!!!
I plugged it in, set it for 1 minute or so and hit "start." Then blue flashes started coming out from the side of the microwave like it's going to outer space. 3 seconds later, it completely died. I guess I could have unplugged it right away but I was kind of in awe of the lights. Kind of a rare experience, isn't it?
So I only got to use my brand new microwave for 3 seconds. Those sparks/flashes were coming from the side of the microwave, not the inside, so it couldn't have been anything I put with the steam buns. I plugged it into the wall and did not use extension cords or anything weird like that. So I sent it back to Target (I was afraid they would blame me for it but they took it back), but they haven't paid me back yet.
I just bought a used one from a friend of mine yesterday. I hope this one doesn't try to go to outer space, either.
2 comments:
you know what i just noticed?!?! you don't have ads on your blog anymore!
Byron> Yeah it wasn't really doing anything for me. Looks much better this way.
Post a Comment