Friday, April 16, 2010

Anniversary

My goodness, I've been blogging for 5 years.  It's really been about nothing (like Seinfeld except it's not as funny or witty and sometimes only makes sense to me), even though I think I had a good idea in mind at the time.  I believe I was in the 2nd year of grad school and going through some stuff.  2005 was a good year.  I got my MSW, a new job, and a black belt.  I got my license in 2010 and hopefully a few other things in the coming months.

So I noticed that I didn't write anything for the past month.

My league had the 4th match against another team.  Westside vs. S & V.  No, we're not gangs. 

The format was as follows: 10 players on each team, 2 must be female shooters.  Each player puts up $25.  Race to 21.  We went down to one of their clubs to shoot.  I walk in, and I recognize a few good shooters.  It's ok because I'm like one of them anyway...my picture is up on the wall at this all black people club!!  I was on their team one year.  We were very confident that we'd crush them. 

But no!  After 10 games, we were down 8-2.  Yikes.  I was having a really hard time.  This was only a week or so after I started my practice and I was still rusty.  I could not adjust to the funky tables (one of them are those glow in the dark kind and have bright yellow pockets).  I know that's no excuse because good players still play well.

Somehow we tied at 16-16 and I wasn't winning any of my games.  Even then I was having a good time catching up with my friends.  Deep inside, I was hoping I don't have to play again after 3 games because I really wasn't doing too well.

The score was now 20 (us)-18.  One of our best players was about to play.  So I figured I can put my cues down. 

But no!!  The girl breaks and runs out on him!!!!  Wow, what a great timing!!!!  Oh no wait, what a horrible timing for me.  Now I had to shoot.  It's kind of exciting, but soooooo  much pressure! 

Neither one of us played very well.  I decided to go aggressive since I wasn't doing very well and I screwed up.  She had ball in hand to run a few balls but hooked herself on the 8.  I got another chance to shoot out my 4 balls left on the table.

10+ people were cheering for me hoping I'd win and bring home whopping $25 a piece.  The guy that would  play after me was praying to god, buddha, whatever you can think of.  The other 10+ people were hoping I'd miss.  I made a weird but successful runout and brought home the win!

We were all so happy that I saved the guy from having a heart attack. 

I have a tournament tomorrow but I'm feeling a little sick.  I seem to get sick before something important...I had the same thing before the exam.  Went on a hike on Sunday after staying up late and got too cold by the waterfalls.  It was a fun hike, though.

Oh yeah, my brother got a new job in Tokyo and he's moving there.  I finally have a place to stay in Tokyo!!!  Woohoo!!!! and oh yeah congrats on the new job, Keisuke.

I think it's time for me to change a few things myself.  I was talking to someone over lunch about this and he suggested that I go to Cambodia (long story).  I thought to myself, "but I just bought furniture." and "Who's going to take care of my Rocky and Prince?"

I guess I can't do anything if I'm worried about things like that.  Something to think about...(but probably not Cambodia...)

No comments: