Monday, March 15, 2010

Passed!!!!!

Whew, I finally passed my social work licensing exam.  I'm happy, but what I'm feeling more is a sense of relief.  I was coming to a point where I really did not know what to do if I didn't pass this time and might have needed social work intervention myself.

Things worked out a little better this time...I got to the test site right on time, which is about 30 minutes before the scheduled time.  Last time for whatever reason I got there an hour early and so I went to a coffee shop nearby.  What a big mistake that was.  I had coffee (decaf) and went over the study material as I waited.  I didn't even drink that much of it, but somehow those things make you want to go to the bathroom, I guess.  I went at home, at the coffee shop, and at the test site but I still had to go really bad in the middle of the exam.  I couldn't afford the few minutes to go to the bathroom. 

The new study guide I used this time just for the vignette exam was much closer to the actual exam, but still not the same thing.  I felt like I was still guessing a lot but it must have trained me to look at the right stuff.  Time management sucked last time but I had plenty of time today to review some of the questions I wasn't sure about. 

So what now?  Not sure yet.  One thing at a time...everything was put on hold of this exam so it's time to live again.  Yeah!

1 comment:

Byronism said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!