Sunday, April 02, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha

Not bad! I was expecting something a lot worse. I actually liked it.

I like Ziyi Zhang. I also like Michelle Yeoh a lot. This was the first time I saw Gong Li. Interesting how they're all Chinese. I guess they couldn't find anyone Japanese for the role?? It's not like they speak good English (except Michelle Yeoh) so I don't know what the big deal was...

I liked it, but only as long as I didn't think about it too much. If I thought about it, my feminist side kicks in... I understand that that's how a life of a Geisha was/is, but it bothered me. They could be considered upper-class escorts. Finding a "danna" to take care of me for the rest of my life...eh...

People at work think I look like Zihi Zhang a little bit. They keep finding me pictures from the movie...they're posted on my bulletin board.

No comments: