Monday, April 02, 2007

The Boy Racer and the 7-11 Man

What a weird day!

1. This morning I had a dream about getting water stuck in my ear and it really happened.

2. I was listening to Morrissey's "The Boy Racer" on the way to work and my client got in trouble for driving recklessly at Go-Kart World.

3. There was an opossum outside my front door when I got home.

4. I stopped at 7-11 before going to work and an old man approached me.

Man: Excuse me, young lady, could I talk to you?

Me: OK

Man: My name is [his name] and I live down the street. I've been looking for someone to clean my house because my wife passed away. Do you know anyone who does that?

Me: Um...no. Sorry.

Man: OK, well I thought I'd ask...blah blah blah

Me: I'm sorry about your loss.

Man: Well you know, it was all so weird how it happened. One morning I just found her deat at home and blah blah blah

Me: Uh-huh

Man: It did't hit me at first but then I started to feel numb in my arms so my doctor gave me Zoloft. My friends have been very helpful and they take me out to go to the race tracks and..you know, just helping me get my mind off of things. blah blah blah

Me: Uh-huh

Man: Blah blah blah and I've been feeling better but I HAVEN'T TRIED MYSELF WITH A WOMAN IN THREE YEARS AND I'VE BEEN WONDERING HOW I'D DO blah blah blah

Me: Oh...OK...well...you should seek therapy. (I start walking to the cashier)

Man: I've thought about that.

Me: If you're taking medication, it would be a good idea.

Man: Well I haven't been taking them anymore blah blah blah

Me: Take care (walked out)

I was trying to be social-worky...

No comments: