
My friend invited me to a party at his place on Saturday. His e-mail said to come on time so I can take a picture of the pizza he was ordering. It made no sense until I saw it. It is 36" wide!!! We put a can of coke next to it to show just how big it is. I forgot to count how many pepperonis were on it, but it was a lot. The delivery guy couldn't get it through the door without tilting the box. I'm sure they run into that problem a lot.
We watched the Nathan's hot dog eating contest on ESPN as we ate the pizza (and Chinese food). Those "fighters" are nuts!! Yes, they call themselves fighters. Eating is now a form of martial art. One of the sponsors was "Major League Eating." Is there a minor league? Just how many hot dogs do you have to eat to make it in the major league??
The champion is a Japanese guy who showed the world just how good the Japanese (and Asians in general) are at eating. I had never sat down and watched the whole 12 minutes of this competition so I never noticed this, but he actually shakes to shift the food inside him in order to keep eating. The shake was also named after him. Must be a real honor to have a move named after you. I'm still working on mine.
We saw a total of 4 competitions (hot dogs, bratwurst, and krystal burgers) and Kobayashi swept them all. Amazing... Too bad he wasn't at our party so we could watch him eat the whole pizza.
In 2006, Kobayashi ate 53.75 hot dogs. Since one Nathan's hot dog is 309 calories (I googled it), he ate a total of 16,608.75 calories!!! He should have no problem with the pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment