Every year, the agency holds an event to show appreciation for all our hard work. Usually it's an all-day picnic with a few activities. They decided to change it up a big by taking us all to Universal Studios.
I couldn't help but wonder if this was really a good day to do this. First of all, 4/20 is what they call the national smoke-out day. I think some of our kids were having a hard time. One of my clients ran away last year on that day. Furthermore, it was raining cats and dogs this morning. Temperature was only about 50 degrees! Yikes.
Believe it or not, I had never been to Universal Studios here in LA. I've been to the one in Florida ages ago. Come to think of it, I still have yet to set my foot in Disneyland, Knotts' Berry Farm, or Lego Land. I've been deprived. I really want to go to Lego Land. Legos fascinate me.

Then we all walked out in pouring rain to enter the park. We were all surprised to see that we weren't the only crazy ones going to an amusement park in this weather. It seemed like most people were from out of state or from another country and they had no choice but to come today. I saw some women in tank tops and high-heel shoes or flip-flops. Some men were in their shorts. Today was not your typical Southern CA day...I don't know how they made it out of there alive because I suffered even with 4 layers of clothes.
Luckily, most of the rides were indoors. I guess Jurassic Park is supposed to be a lot of fun but it involved getting wet. As if we needed to get more wet...The Backdraft thing was perfect. Nice and warm. The tram took us around the park and through the movie sets. I never realized they use the same buildings in so many movies!! It's all made up, of course, but they look real in photographs and film. Interesting. One of the staff used to work there helped us get around, but also gave away a lot of things, like what's going to happen next during rides. Yeah, way to go...
Heard some interesting things about working there, like how one can get sick of listening to the same music over and over during work that they have to resort to turning off their car radio on the way home to maintain sanity. That Jurassic Park music was starting to get on my nerves, too.

速いモーター?
No comments:
Post a Comment