First, the Jedi Knights...then Ninja Warriors. People who don't know me must be wondering, what's on this girl's mind?? Well, let me tell you...I like strong men who's not afraid to be a little dorky.
I've been hearing about MXC and Ninja Warriors a lot. I used to watch MXC in Japan all the time as a little kid. I liked it so much my brother and I actually went to the castle in Yokohama (we did not compete). It was called Takeshi's Castle in Japan. The whole point of this show was for the 100 or so contestants to take over Takeshi's Castle. Before you go face to face with Takeshi, they have to go through the obstacle course. They're just regular people like you and your neighbors...men, women, boys, girls, etc. I didn't know this at the time, but what Takeshi intended this course to be a real life Super Mario game. Cool!!!
Ninja Warrior has also been around for a while and I've seen it on TV usually on New Year's day. It's kind of like Takeshi's Castle (and like Super Mario) except it probably demands more physical strength and skills. They have a female version, too. What makes it fun, at least for me, is that they get all kinds of people from pro athletes to postal workers, gas station attendants, gay bartenders, transexuals, martial artists, exchange students, etc. etc. Most of them won't make it through the course, so obviously they're just there to challenge themselves and have fun.
I can see that they've become really popular out here and I recommend you see it if you haven't already. I think it's more entertaining than Jackass.
I guess they're having try-outs to decide finalists in LA in March. I don't know if it's open to everyone, but any of you guys and gals brave enough to try?
4 comments:
What about dorky men who are at times strong?
Good question...I think being strong has to come first!! If they're dorky all the time, it might not be funny.
Then Mr.I-have-no-voice has no chance with you then, huh?! He's kind of dorky...
That's exactly who I was thinking of. He's got no chance, but I'd be really impressed if he could do that. I'd totally respect him and I just might talk to him a little bit. Nothing more LOL
Post a Comment