Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gas Station Psychics

On my way home tonight I finally got gas. It's been empty since yesterday. As I got the pump going, I noticed a man looking at me from the other side. He smiled and said, "How do you like the gas prices?" I looked at the board (I didn't care how much it was because the gas light was on already) and noticed that it was now down to $1.99 at my ghetto gas station. Nice!

When I turned back around to my car, a woman was standing on the other side of the pump (freaky!). Our conversation went something like this...

Woman: Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but I feel a nice aura coming from you.
Me: Um...thanks?
Woman: My hustand (the guy) and I are psychics and we were wondering if you'd be interested in a psychic reading. It'll only take 5 minutes of your time.
Me: Uh...no thank you.
Woman: It'll only take 5 minutes. Why don't you want to do it?
Me: Well, don't you charge?
Woman: I do this because I'm very talented. Have you had psychic readings before?
Me: No I don't think so.
Woman: How about your friends or family?
Me: No.
Woman: Tarot cards?
Me: I don't think so.

By this time I'm getting annoyed because I'm just trying to fill up and get out of there. I keep looking at the meter but she keeps talking.

Woman: I could help you resolve your problems. I think you're having problems with your family.

She keeps talking.
Then I notice that I already missed that time frame to get my receipt! Damn it woman!

Me: Ok I'm leaving.
Woman: Maybe next time

There will be no next time. I'll make sure I ignore you and get my frickin' receipt.

Now that annoying comment is in my head. Problems with my family? I haven't talked to them in a couple weeks and we're not having problems, at least not that I know of. I might try to do something to find out and then really cause a problem.

I guess that friendly husband was in on this, too?

Damn psychos.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I just KNEW you going to say that... Ya, uh huh... keep walking away please.