Thursday, December 17, 2009

Japan


Just got back from Japan...well it's been 1 week to be exact.  I'm having the worst jet lag ever.  The rain here earlier this week really didn't help.  I managed to sleep from 4 AM to 3 PM a couple of times.  Wow.

There is a new member in my family...my mom brought her home about a year ago.  Her name is Mimi.

I'm not a big fan of yappy dogs and I was expecting Mimi, a Pomeranian, to be really annoying.  She wasn't bad at all, actually.  We used to have a cat named Chibi who was bigger than her but they didn't seem all that different to me.  I also hate it when dogs try to lick my face.  Why do they do that????  She also steals my socks and goes into my bag.  I actually miss her!

Anyhoo, I only had 8 full days in Japan and I spent the first day doing absolutely nothing.  I was tired and it was raining outside.  I spent the whole day playing with Mimi.  I didn't travel this time either because I really didn't have enough time.  Instead I saw people in the Osaka area and did lots of shopping.

I always like buying Kit Kat from Japan because they always have weird flavors.  I only tried one so far, but here they are...
 
From left...SOY SAUCE, vegetable, and Kinako (soybean flour).

WTF were they thinking!?  I'm afraid of trying the soy sauce one.  I tried the Kinako one with my friend and it actually wasn't bad.  It's supposed to be sweet anyway so it makes sense.  Vegetable...hopefully it's not rich in fiber.

I also saw lots of big things...


Giant 3D ad in Shinsaibashi



Giant cabbage...size of a beach ball.



Giant sushi.  So much fish, so little rice.

Hopefully next year I can go for New Year's. 

1 comment:

Byronism said...

Those Kit Kats....EWWWW!