So my last blog was on New Year's Eve.
I guess I haven't had anything that exciting to write about...
I actually have another blog on a Japanese SNS and I just don't feel like writing the same thing twice.
Sad that this is going to be my first blog of 2011, and it's quite dumb, but I must write about this stupid neighbor.
After spending a couple hours with a coworker/friend at happy hour, I decided to do a couple loads of laundry before a busy weekend. Right when I was about to start the 2nd load, a guy walked in to use the washer. I decided to let him go first since he only had one load, and I had one or two more to go.
This neighbor dude is Japanese. He came to the US about 6 months ago and I helped him talk to the owners a couple of times. He didn't seem like a stupid guy. In fact, I happened to know that he works at a hospital. I figured he would be pretty quick because I told him I have another one to wash. I promptly took my stuff out of the dryer so he could empty the washer for me to use.We only have one washer, one dryer.
Well it's been over 1.5 hour and he hasn't returned.
He also left the light on, as if the washer has to be able to see in the dark. Maybe he is stupid.
This took me back to my college years, when people forget to take stuff out on time, or others just didn't care to wait and would end up in this stupid battle to get their laundry done.
I had a friend back then who actually spit into the dryer because that person had taken out my friend's clothes to use the dryer. I've had people take my clothes out to use the dryer, but the person neatly folded my clothes!! It was a little creepy, but I guess it's nicer than just tossing them all over the place. I actually returned the favor to someone else when I took their clothes out, but I had this awkward feeling that the person would walk in to see me folding their clothes.
Anyways, I'm too old for this BS. Now it's midnight and I only finished one load. I have to put my sheets and duvet cover back on to sleep tonight. Thanks, dumbass.
5 comments:
Ended up here from mixi, and enjoyed reading this honest post! . Just to let you know that there is a new reader who enjoys reading your stuff.
Kaori from manhattan,NY
Hi Kaori! You must have read my response to that article on Mixi. I'll look for you there, too :)
I used to live in New York. Not Manhattan, but in Westchester. I miss it sometimes.
so sorry I was so drunk last night, and being so stupid enough to post stupid comments! Peace,,,
Post a Comment